Are you an SBIR Phase II recipient preparing to scale?
Get the resources you need in a supportive environment with Empower Studio.
REGISTER NOW FOR AN INFO SESSION
The Empower Studio is a joint venture between the Austin Technology Incubator (ATI) at The University of Texas at Austin and DivInc that supports SBIR Phase II recipients as they make the critical transition from proof of concept to scaled enterprise. Through phase-appropriate curriculum, mentorship and hands-on training, we help high-potential startups with all aspects of their growth strategy. The program comprises four core elements, delivered in a virtual classroom setting over the course of 10 months (June 2021 – March 2022).
Session 1: Tue Feb 16, 6-7 PM
Session 2: Fri Feb 26, 12-1 PM
- Classroom instruction. Cohorts meet biweekly for 3 hour discussion sections to study the best practices in Product Development, Marketing, Sales, Support, HR, Finance and Operations that are critical to the growth and acceleration phase (preparing for Series A,B, or C).
- Hands-On Workshops. On alternating weeks, you will apply the learnings from discussion sections to build, execute and evaluate your go-to-market progress.
- Industry Mentors. You will participate in monthly strategy sessions with industry mentors, specifically matched with your company. Their role is to provide networking assistance, role modeling, hands-on problem solving and ultimately to prepare you for your next round of financing.
- Cluster-based Approach. Empower employs a novel cluster-based approach that concentrates technical and business assistance by industry, which is proven to help our start-ups raise more capital, faster. In addition to working on your own business, you will contribute to and learn from other startups in your cluster.
- SBIR Phase II grant recipient
- Developing a breakthrough product in healthcare or sustainability.
- Founding team must include at least one member who meets the NSF criteria for underrepresented minorities in Science & Engineering. This can include Women, Persons with Disabilities, Black, American Indian, Alaska Natives, Latinx, or Gender + Sexual Minority (GSM) co-founders.
- February 16, 2021, 6-7 PM CST: Info Session 1 – Register now
- February 26, 2021, 12-1 PM CST: Info Session 2 – Register now
- March 1, 2021: Applications Open
- March 31, 2021: Application Deadline for Submission
- June 1, 2021: Program Kick-Off
- March 2022: Graduation at Demo Day @ SXSW
Are you ready to take full advantage of the scaling resources available to you through SBIR? Learn more about Empower Studio at one of our upcoming info sessions.
Register now for an info session
The Austin Technology Incubator is the deep tech incubator affiliated with The University of Texas at Austin. Founded in 1989, it is the longest active technology incubator in the United States. ATI’s mission is and has been, for over 30 years, to empower university and community entrepreneurs through a customized approach to effectively commercialize their breakthrough innovations and compete in the global marketplace. ati.utexas.edu
DivInc inspires, empowers and enables underrepresented founders to build successful high growth businesses. We aim to unleash the untapped and hidden innovative talent within our communities and generate an entrepreneur mindset shift for generations to come. www.divinc.org