Entrepreneur’s Lounge at SXSW Interactive – March 16, 2010
The following blogpost was written by Bart Bohn, ATI’s IT/Wireless director.
During SXSW Interactive, Unwired Nation, the Austin Technology Incubator and Porter Novelli host the Entrepreneur Lounge. It is the best networking at SXSWi and a great event. We host it at the roof top deck of Fogo de Chao (www.fogodechao.com) which is next door to the Austin Convention Center. The meat and cheesy bread are legendary for attendees by now. We invite entrepreneurs, investors, media, analysts and industry VIPs and expect about 250 people each night this year. It runs nightly from Friday through Tuesday of SXSWi – yes, that means five nights of some of the best meat and drinks you can get in Austin. Each night, I will provide a short recap capturing some of the highlights.
Celebrity Guest Host – Sarah Smith, Facebook Austin
Seen and Heard
- Sarah Smith from Austin’s Facebook office putting up with me introducing her to everyone I could find – welcome Sarah and Facebook!
- ATI’s Clean Energy Director talking with an LA film executive – I know Austin is all about convergence, but this might be extreme
- Ticket City giving away at least $500 of gift cards for tickets – thanks Ticket City!
- The rain stopped and the sun came out at exactly 5 pm – 15 minutes before the tent arrived
- Smooth Stone finally connecting with Stacey Higginbotham from GigaOm
- The Siri team basking in the glow of their Microsoft Bizspark Accelerator win – and getting congratulations from fellow competitors Spredfast, Gendai Games, RecylceMatch, Daily Grommet, and GuruStorms
- Famigo Games – we believe spending quality time with your family is good for everybody, so we’ve created a way to make it fun and easy to play with your family again.
- Moodfish – when you are in the mood to go out, you can finally search by how you naturally think and feel about entertainment – by mood!
- qcue – reinventing the primary ticket marketplace with the world’s only dynamic pricing engine for live entertainment events. Sports teams, concert promoters and venues use Qcue’s patent-pending technology to set the right price at the right time.
- Ticket City – provides our clients the ultimate in customer service to provide an unforgettable experience from start to finish. That means we help you find the tickets you want, we make the purchasing process secure and easy, we get your tickets to you on time, and we help you enjoy an unforgettable experience, no matter what event you’re attending.
- Uvumi – empower artists, promote widespread creation and consumption of art, and add value to the artistic community
Thanks to all who came and made this a great night.
Thank you to the sponsors – Nokia, City of Austin, LifeSize, CloudFlower, UKTI, KnowMore, Austin Chamber of Commerce, Digital Media Council, Bracewell & Giuliani, Texas Film Commission