The following blogpost was written by Bart Bohn, ATI’s IT/Wireless director.
During SXSW Interactive, Unwired Nation, the Austin Technology Incubator and Porter Novelli host the Entrepreneur Lounge. It is the best networking at SXSWi and a great event. We host it at the roof top deck of Fogo de Chao which is next door to the Austin Convention Center. The meat and cheesy bread are legendary for attendees by now. We invite entrepreneurs, investors, media, analysts and industry VIPs and expect about 250 people each night this year. It runs nightly from Friday through Tuesday of SXSWi – yes, that means five nights of some of the best meat and drinks you can get in Austin. Each night, I will provide a short recap capturing some of the highlights. This is part two.
Celebrity Guest Host – Dries Buytaert, creator of Drupal
Seen and Heard
- Tim Ferriss of 4 Hour Work Week fame casually hanging out talking with folks after his multi-hour book signing line this afternoon
- Another night of max crowds and essentially shutting down access to the roof – and crowds still hanging out past 8 pm
- Attendees discovering that Bazaarvoice is from Austin and being impressed
- Somebody bluffing their way in by claiming to be an ATI intern
- 3 long lost Camp Longhorn attendees meeting up – 1 investor, 2 entrepreneurs
- The urban legends of our “bouncers” are making the rounds throughout SXSW attendees
- Bazaarvoice – helps all types of businesses — including yours – capture, display, share, and analyze customer conversations online
- Digby – e-commerce solution which enables consumers to purchase goods (both physical and digital) online
- ihiji – secure gateway for dealers to remotely monitor, service and maintain all aspects of each client’s in-home electronic systems, including but not limited to, entertainment, network, HVAC and lighting systems – recently relocated to Austin from Palm Beach, FL!
- MixZing – Find the music you want to hear now, whether it’s already in your collection or available for purchase – #1 Android music player
- Ringful – mobile healthcare applications and informatics that facilitates the paradigm shift towards consumer driven wellness and preventive care to put the power of accountability and responsibility in the hands of individuals, so they can be in charge of their own health and wellness anytime and anywhere
Thanks to all who came and made this a great night.
Thank you to the sponsors – Nokia, City of Austin, LifeSize, CloudFlower, UKTI, KnowMore, Austin Chamber of Commerce, Digital Media Council, Bracewell & Giuliani, Texas Film Commission.
Tags: austin chamber of commerce, austin technology incubator, bart bohn, bazaarvoice, Bracewell & Giuliani, city of austin, cloudflower, Digby, digital media council, Dries Buytaert, Drupal, Entrepreneur Lounge, Fim Ferriss, Fogo De Chao, ihiji, KnowMore, LifeSize, MixZing, nokia, porter novelli, Ringful, SXSW, texas film commission, ukti, Unwired Nation